Create Trimaran- Maxsurf

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eguccio, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Eguccio

Eguccio New Member

Hello

On maxsurf i'm trying to create a trimaran. I'm only getting basic desing of trimaran so i want to join three basic yatch hulls.

Firstly i arranged other hull centre line then try to move the simple hull. But when i moved it, it parted into two hulls. I really don't understand why it parted.

After that How can i join three hulls,

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Eguccio you need to create the other surface of your outer hull. The quickest way would be the surfaces, “flip surfaces” command, pick the hull surface then tick the duplicate box, then select the transverse box and enter the position of the hulls centreline control points.

3. Eguccio

Eguccio New Member

Hello

Thank you i have done 3 hulls with your instructions and i need one more help in join issue. When i use "join surface" command, it is so useless. So i think i should make surface between two hull but How ?

Or can you give advice on join three hulls with diffrent methods

Attached Files:

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Eguccio you are right about having to create a surface between the hulls as the “bond edge/join surface” will make one surface edge conform to the other as in your second picture. If you create a horizontal surface with the same number of control points and with the same longitudinal stiffness, then bond the edges to each of the hulls, you can add transverse points to get curvature. See example

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.