Shell expansion drawing by Rhino using squish plug-in

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Nov 27, 2010.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

By squish plug-in we can expand one plate at a time. Is there any way to expand more than one surface together, to make a traditional shell expansion drawing?

2. ACuttle

ACuttle Marine Design Engineer

Do you mean to expand multiple plates as a single action or to expand two-surfaces linked together?

I don't believe you can use this function on multiple surfaces at once. You'll have to expand each singularly then lay them out.

Is this the plug-in you are using or do you have another?
    http://wiki.mcneel.com/labs/advancedflattening
    I've found it pretty useful as it can flatten complex curvature but sometimes it produces results that are clearly wrong, so I've had to use it quite carefully.

3. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

To do a traditional shell expansion in rhino you have to do manual.

4. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

ACuttle i means expanding morethan one surface together, when i have splitted the hull surface according to my desired distribution of shell plates.
    And micspoko, yes I do agree with you... but I hope rhino will develop plug-in which will really help in our shell expansion.

5. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.