Project X

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rapscallion, Jul 19, 2011.

1. rapscallion

rapscallion Senior Member

The Gougeon Genius strikes again! Project X has been launched and it looks awesome! It reminds me of an airplane more than a sailboat. All carbon fiber, with a target weight of less than 2000 lbs, 40 feet long, 14 foot beam, water ballast in the hulls, and a long articulating sprit, to make it go! The beam folds to a trailer able width, and I bet the mast will be easy to raise too. Plenty of clearance for the central pod, giving a nice dry ride, and little slamming on the pod itself. I love the aerodynamics of the center pod! What a clever boat!

[​IMG]

I want to build one of those!

1 person likes this.
  2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Ces Gougeons, ils sont incroyables.

3. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Reminds me of the old Ocean Bird trimaran folding arms. It has the Captain Nat look to it.

4. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Mmmm, nice pod, not nearly enough beam !
    RR

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Is that a power boat or yacht? if its got a stick in it I agree with the above.

6. rapscallion

rapscallion Senior Member

The Gougeon 32 also had a narrow beam, and it proved to be a fast boat. Both the boat above and the. Gougeon 32 use water ballast to keep the boat flat, and both boats have a furling main and jib for fast reefing.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.