Crapet Removal

Discussion in 'Materials' started by RECONER, Apr 24, 2005.

1. RECONER

RECONER New Member

Hey everyone, I have taken the carpet out of my bay boat and decided to paint the deck with a non-slip paint. After removing the carpet off the deck, I am left with the exposed deck. After sandind the deck, should I use a primer before rolling on the non- slip paint? After painting the non-slip on the deck should I sand between coats of non-slip?
    RECONER :)

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Non slip shoud be done in one coat. I assume you have a fiberglass laminate to paint. Use the primer the paint manufacturer recomends.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Small problem - presume you mean inside (OK maybe somebody COULD have carpet on the top deck but he would be a little weird I think?)

so if it's inside I presume it would be wood? (ply?) so sand and matt varnish or if you must paint - sand, prime and as many coats of non skid as you wish, but remember if you sand between coats of non skid you are removing the non skid! rather defeats the object?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.