Craig Blackwell Custom Boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by RichieRichNJ732, Feb 13, 2011.

1. RichieRichNJ732

RichieRichNJ732 New Member

Looking for some info on cold mold boats first hand experience and any info Blackwell boats .. I have been on fiberglass boats my whole life and know them inside and out but this cold mold stuff is new to me i have fished on a couple custom carolinas over the years . I have always been told they are awesome boats but a broker i was speaking with said why would you wanna buy a "crackwell"... I am interested in a 2003 61' it has 1300 hp 12 cylined mechanical MANN diesels and the owner claims it burn 70gph @ 31 knots and tops out @ 36 knots boat is very very clean I did a walk through and am in love with the boat before i put the 100k down payment i would like to find out more

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

He is a good friend of mine and I used to be his loftman and do a lot of building too. I have known him for about twenty years and can vouch for his integrity and building skills. Craig worked with the Geugeon brothers in the development of West Systems resins. I think you should talk to Blackwell boat owners instead of a broker. They will give you first hand information instead of hearsay.

3. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

Gonzo, did you live in Wanchese?

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I sure did.

5. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

Well that sure fits. Some of the greatest boat builders in the world reside there.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Thanks. I've had the privilege to work with people like Ommie Tillet, Buddy Cannady and Sonny Briggs.

7. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

That is very impressive. Folks, Gonzo has mentioned some of the finest boat builders in the Sport Fishing boat industry. Ommie Tillet is a class act all by himself.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.