Could a paddlewheel be placed at the front?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by djwkd, Jun 14, 2010.

1. kroberts

kroberts Senior Member

HakimKlunker,

I don't want to start a feud either. But consider the difference between the kid trying to jump off the roof of the house, compared to the kid (or adult for all I know) who has a dream of a boat but has no idea yet that it's improbable.

The kid on the roof, you need to do whatever it takes immediately in order to save his life or at least his health.

The aspiring boat builder, you have much more time to deal with it. People on this forum did it for me, and I appreciated the sensitivity and method they used. I actually learned quite a bit in the process, and never got my ego bruised either. Several of the people involved were not from the USA, and that matters not one whit to me.

My comment was not to spark some sort of nationalism, but to say that guidance is always preferable to sarcastic wit in a situation that started as a serious query.

2. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

And so there is peace again in the world and in the forum :)
    However: The world (and the sea) is not always gentle. If we cannot weather a gale, we should stay in the harbour (to speak in pictures)

What concerns me more: While we (me included) breed on boats, there are people starving in the real world...
    Sad. Hmm?

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Would us not breeding prevent any starvation in the world ? If we failed to buy things from starving people would that help them ?

I have bred in a part of the world that can feed the population. We cannot send enough food to the starving people due to the distance.

We are happy to send info on how not to breed to anyone who wants to know. (I have your email address)

WTF has any of this to do with the thread ?

4. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

My dear and valued fellow boat designer. I said it before: it has nothing to do with the thread but it required a qualification.
    As you have my email address: may I ask you (kindly) to continue our conversation at a different place. So you will not repeat the mistake that I am guilty of.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.