iges from Rhino to maxsurf workshop

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Feb 28, 2008.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

People
    IF I take surface which will not develope in rhino, and import to workshop,(IGES) will it be there as an unrolled surface, looks that way to me, but if not how does one unroll, and then can it be sent back to rhino unrolled and if not how in Workshop, can one measure the thing?
    thanks team

2. formsys

formsys formsys

You would use the IGES import in Maxsurf (or better yet use the built in Rhino 3DM import), save the Maxsurf file, then load that file into Workshop. You can then define a plate on the entire surface, or on just part of it, and develop out that plate. The displayed strains on the plate development in the Part window will give you an idea of developability and you can also measure the plate there. It will also show girth differences between the 2D and 3D shape. From there you can export the developed shape to Rhino, Autocad etc.

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

thank you, the part window I just found:)) but the plate come out very strange just the side of a boat with small amount compound

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

plate

thsi is how it looked, weird

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.