Costa Concordia, 80 deg list, really scary !!

Discussion in 'Stability' started by smartbight, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Heiwa, thanks for the link to your site. I went to it with interest seeking a new viewpoint on the situation. You evidently have the experience and qualifications to speak with some authority on marine matters. I'm hardly qualified to judge your proposal.

However, under your real name, Anders Bjorkman, you seem to have attracted considerable controversy with your views on other matters such as the M/S Estonia disaster, Twin Towers 9/11 - where you reportedly compared a plane hitting a tower with collision between two ships and claimed it was done by US agents - and NASA's supposedly faked landing on the Moon.

Speaking about the Cost Concordia salvage, in your site you state "A completely new, never proven salvage method was suggested and chosen". This not true, parbuckling is a conventional operation to right capsized ships, what is new is the size of the ship involved, and perhaps the fact that cruise ships may not be built to the same standards as, say a liner intended for N. Atlantic operation.

Most of the situations you comment on are outside of my experience, but not all. As a retired aerospace engineer formerly involved on - and with many colleagues in - the Space Shuttle and Space Station programs, I have first-hand knowledge that you are absolutely wrong on one issue, so I can reasonably conclude you are totally wrong on the others. I'm not saying you are lying, but I think you should get help . . .

2. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

Yes I am Anders Björkman, aka Heiwa, and my web site is quite popular. Plenty crazy people suggest I am a conspiracy theorist, etc, etc, but cannot explain why. Evidently I am not a conspiracy theorist.
    I just show, scientifically, on my site that M/S Estonia didn't lose its visor ... and why! Re Twin Towers 9/11 I show, scientifically, that you can fly as many planes you like into the weak top of any structure and it will never collapse from top down. I also show that NASA (or USSR) human space travel is impossible because you cannot ever re-enter on Earth from space or the ISS. You will burn up. Human space travel is impossible. NASA faked the Moon landings. There are no humans in the ISS. Etc, etc.
    The big show actually really started with the alleged US atomic bombs 1945. Evidently they didn't work. I show scientifically why on my site. Isn't it good news?

So you are a retired aerospace engineer having worked of the 100% fake NASA ISS/Shuttle programs. OK! Prove me wrong and I pay you €1 000 000:-! See http://heiwaco.tripod.com/chall.htm . How do re-entry from space? You are at altitude 300 000 meters with a speed of 9 000 m/s and jump. How do you brake to land on Earth? It cannot be done. You will burn up. But prove me wrong and pay you €1 000 000:-! The money is available since 2010 and nobody has collected.

Thanks for your help that I do not need.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Terry,

I will give you a commission.

Anders,

The above floors have a mass, correct? Each floor is designed (engineered) to hold the weight above, plus wind stresses, plus a 10% to 15% overage for safety, correct?

Do we follow each other, so far?

The middle floors, was impacted by the aircraft. We have witnesses of the crashes, I have met one personally, so we must assume some sort of craft flew into the towers.

There was fire on the floors.

The floors weakened. Now the floor on fire is losing support, because the metal girders are losing significant strength. We begin to exceed, the structural strength of the steel.

The floor above falls.

First floor collapse is slow. The mass above drives down the 10 feet, the floors below the collapsing floor is weakened from the intense heat as well. And probably a couple of floors above.

When the mass lands upon the lower floor, it weakened, collapses. Now the mass is gaining that little thing called MOMENTUM. It is now acting like a massive jack hammer.

The entire structure below is being pile driven, it was never designed for that kind of stress.

One floor at a time loses its battle to support the mass driving down at greater and greater force - velocity times mass.

Not difficult at all. IMHO.

I would prefer US dollars, but we can always have that converted.

Thank you,

Wayne

PS, I am generous today, I might need to give 5% to boat design and Terry.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

PSS - I want a certified wired transfer.

No more gimmicks like on your challenge site. Although, I like your gaining views and readership, so you can increase your add revenue .... that was GENIUS.

I would try it, but only after my money is securely in my account.

Wayne

5. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

Yes, the money is in the bank (or safely invested somewhere else, and to get it you have to perform and not shill. You understand?).
    Topic is Costa Concordia and my friends there. Focus on it.
    My friend Francesco Schettino, Master of the ship, is accused of killing 32 persons, etc. Evidently he killed nobody. His ship suddenly capsized. It was not his fault. The ship was not seaworthy since 5 years.
    The accident was bound to happen. The absent ship-owner company was just interested in making plenty money selling cheap cruises. And not in safety at sea. What do you think? Focus on topic!

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

The ship 'suddenly capsized' because your supposed buddy Schettino ran it into rocks and opened a 50 meter gash in its side.

Then he 'fell' into a lifeboat and refused to return to his post, while assorted passengers and crew members were dying because he was late ordering them to abandon ship.

You're either deliberately trolling or you're a complete whack job, son. Or both. And of course I mean that in the kindest, most positive way possible....:p

7. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

No, you troll. Who pays you? Costa? Carnival. You sound you are not serious. I encounter plenty that crap. Go away!

The gash was just 36.5 meter. Nobody died. Ship was stable and floating. Master ordered abandon ship. 99% aboard got safely away. Suddenly the ship capsized. Master was surprised.

Study http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news8.htm for full details.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Let me see if I got this straight: the gash was 'only' 36.5 meters instead of 50 meters, so the Captain was totally surprised when the ship sank? And the Italian government, insurance companies, news media, relatives of the deceased, etc., are all lying when they say people died?

I have no idea what med's you're on, son. But you should probably talk to your primary care physician before refilling your prescriptions, because obviously they aren't doing the job. :p

9. Herman

Herman Senior Member

The ship never hit a rock. Who is saying that? All you "experts" and journalists?

The ship was attacked by aliens. See the structure below the "rock"? These are the paws!

[​IMG]

Th FACT that it was an alien attack, also proves it is possible to land on the earth from outer space. (1 million please).

Doctor, do you have more of those yellow pills please? Why are the sleeves of my shirt so long? Can I have a bed near the window?

10. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

Yes, the gash was 36.5 meters long and four watertight hull compartments were partly up-flooded at 21.45 hrs. That damaged condition was stable and the ship was floating with the bulkhead deck above water. The Master was very happy. The ship was safe ... but engines were out. It was decided to abandon ship and call a tug. And the ship was abandoned - 23 of 26 lifeboats were launched and most persons aboard got away. The life rafts that could save 1000+ persons were not used as the ship-owner had forgotten to send crew to launch them. The ship-owner blamed the Master for that fatal fault. At 00.34 hrs the ship suddenly capsized. Study my popular web site and you will know why.

32 persons died due to the fault of the ship-owner. The ship was not seaworthy any time.

Re personal health I am in very good shape. Why do you worry about that? You sound like being very sick yourself and stupid on top of it ... and probably totally corrupt and in bad shape. I do not feel sorry for you. :p You are not alone in the United Stasi of America?

11. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

Evidently the side of the ship contacted this great stone on the sea floor when the Indonesian helmsman didn't understand the commands of the Master to turn port. The Indonesian - appointed by the ship-owner - didn't speak Italian and didn't understand the English of the Master and turned in the other direction. Happens when you employ cheap Asian crew on your ships.

Result? This big stone pushed in 36.5 meter of the side of the ship and loaded itself on top of the double bottom. Surprise for the engine crew but nobody died and the damaged ship was stable.

No aliens, no crazy people. Just an absent ship-owner. Mickey A + sister have no idea about safety at sea or anything. Daddy Ted was OK, though. I helped him a lot in the 1970's.

12. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

What was I thinking? Sorry I fed the troll guys, I should know better at my age . . .

13. Heiwa

Heiwa Naval architect

To Moderator,

plenty of obnoxious participants on this thread off topic about health problems, etc. Topic is why Costa Concordia suddenly capsized 00.34 hrs on 14 January 2012 and this was due to GZ<0. Evidently the contact and up flooding of four compartments at 21.45 hrs on 13 January didn't produce GZ<0. Then stability was OK, GM and GZ >0. The Master was very happy about that.
    Buoyancy was positive all the time until after 00.34 hrs on 14 January when all compartments were down flooded and 32 persons drowned.
    Try to get the facts correct and you'll find that the Master is 100% innocent of any wrongdoings and that the 21.45 hrs contact was a stupid accident bound to happen. The ship and sisters were not seaworthy any time. I would never sail on such monsters.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Focus. You offered me a million .... I fulfilled .... pay the money and I will tell everyone how smart you really are.

Focus. Money. To me.

wayne

15. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

OK, back on topic, while I wait for the money.

I will set up a tuition assistance for some of you guys to go to boat building classes in our Good friends name.

But, I am still amazed the Concordia was not cut in place. I know all of the food on board, and oil, and gas, etc.

But, I have to wonder what the Captain had on board they did not want anyone to find?

Gold?

Cocaine?

Was he transporting drugs in the freezers, and he fled the ship because he thought they would catch him?

Was he transporting weapons for terrorists?

CHEMICAL WEAPONS?

That would explain why they were so afraid of the ship breaking up.

What do you think?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.