Duet's consumption report

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by power boater, Dec 1, 2023.

1. power boater

power boater Junior Member

Blue Bell and KapnD request this information.
    Early this year when I done a dip test, we done 14.4kn at 4850 rpm with a 14x11 propelers.
    This time around the maximum speed that we achived was 13.4kn at 5650 rpm with a 14x9 propelers, with 4 adults and more the half load.
    3000 rpm 1 gph 6.5 kn
    4000 rpm 2 gph 9 kn
    5000 rpm 3.3 gph 10 kn
    5650 rpm 5.1 gph 13.4 kn
    As you can see, I lost 1kn, I suspect because of the increased wetted surface with the BB's and spoosons, althought I have now a longer WL
    Because my speed is directly propotional to the price at the pump, my crusing speed is 6.5 kn a magic carpet ride. I will apreciate your comments and critics on the BB's that you can see on a short video here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWozWLnRcjBC_TvD4MnneSA

DogCavalry and BlueBell like this.
  2. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

Fantastic PB, thank you.
    Your fuel per hour, is that x2?

Are you happy?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  3. power boater

BB, its x2, this numbers looks good to me.

BlueBell likes this.
  4. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Dinis ~ isn't your wot rating for Suzu 60 6300 rpm?

5. power boater

The operating range for theDF60AV is 5300-6300 rpm, whitch makes 5650 bang on.

BlueBell likes this.

6. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Do a slip calc. I think you are not in the sweet spot for your planned speed. I am trying to learn my boat as well, but as you know, I have slightly different operating goals. I like to run about 12 knots.

When I added the extensions, I believe I also need to make some changes to my props. I, too, need to chart and check slip. But I was still dealing with spray in August and never dialed things in enough to even make a chart. Here, boats are pulled in October :(

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.