Cost effective Epoxy formulation

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by goodwilltoall, Aug 7, 2010.

1. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Apex,

Rememberance of everything written is gone, but lying was never intended. Hope recent replies clarify this.

Looking at the picture in your profile. Are those a couple of nubs sprouting on your head? If so, they"ll better help you toot your own horn.

Peace friend.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

You better stay within your ballpark. Guessing about my appearance does not bring you any further.

BTW

In my age I have not to fear any competition. The nubs are part of my personality.

3. goodwilltoall

Greetings,

Would I be considered a trophy husband with a rack on my head?

Looked at polyamides because of low toxicity, good adhesive but seem to be soft with low Tg. So amines are still in consideration, which ones would be the low tox variety? Costs comparison of CA's not started.

4. goodwilltoall

Greetings,

Have little more time now and hope to get ingredients ordered for spring, some questions.

1. What viscosity is recommended for adhering wood strips or plywood?

2. When using the polyamide or amidoamide CA's, would there be a problem at the last coat or two using the harder TETA over the more flexible CA? Considering this as the softer epoxy is a better adhesive and less toxic and last coat would be more of a final sanding coat and dealing with print thru.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.