Corsair 3600 Bridge water clearance

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rustyrusty, Apr 11, 2010.

1. rustyrusty

rustyrusty Russell

I'm looking at a corsair 3600 but I see a problem with the dridge deck clearance its seem very low. Most of the time i will be using it in calm waters but i think it will slam with the walkway drop down. What do you think about putting a pod in the middle there has been a post about this but I am unable to contact the person who was trying such a thing, would this be a help or am i wasting my time. I haven't bought the boat yet.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=5783882

2. RealMike

RealMike New Member

Corsair 3600 bridgedeck clearance

RickRicky,

Have been looking at her myself but have reluctantly decided she is out of my price range at this time. The rule of thumb for bridgedeck clearance is 1 inch per foot of beam. As the Corsair has 24" bridgedeck clearance she seems to be OK in that respect. I have had email correspondence with Emmett Coe who owned 'Finally', hull #10 and I'll forward that to you when I get home tomorrow. He owned the boat for 10 years and loved it with the exception of cockpit design and amount of room in the head. It's also worth Googling 'Parallax' (also sold) and reading what he had to say in his ad. A lovely boat.
    Cheers,
    Michael

3. RealMike

RealMike New Member

Oops

Sorry, Rustyrusty. Got the name right this time ..lol

4. rustyrusty

rustyrusty Russell

Thanks for the interest. I didn't think there was that much clearance hard to tell from pics and cant get ant specs on the net tried to contact the designer but no luck. the section where the floor drops is my main concern it looks like there is only 6 inches of clearance this would be a problem wouldn't it? I looked at the Paralex sold and it got a bagging on this forum for the same reason. I haven't given up yet but i believe it came to grief in the cyclone ill find out more tomorrow.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.