Core for Deck Fittings

Discussion in 'Materials' started by packsail, Feb 27, 2012.

1. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

The only point I would make as a counter is that not everyone can count on having proper care taken thruout the life of the boat and it is typical to move hardware over the boat life and its not always easy to get the specified joint/ bonding done.

Also, not every point on a boat is accessable for continuous inspection to save your hull. Cracks happen in the darndest places and a sandwich skin requires thin laminates which are prone to cracks or damage. Sandwich is theoretically a great structure, the large number of practical issues cause a problem.

2. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Come on, you can't be serious. I see more problems with boats due to bad workmanship then due to choice of construction.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

H 200 divinicell foam is best under any fittings !! no need for wood any where !! NOT CHEAP BUT IT WORKS !!:D

4. Herman

Herman Senior Member

T90 from Airex has the same performance, and is half the price...

5. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

This is absolutely true. Over the years, I have seen more problems with boats due to bad workmanship, usually by the owner of the boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.