pump for 23ft boat ?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by hyboats, Oct 11, 2010.

1. hyboats

hyboats Junior Member

How many pumps and the capacity should I install for 23ft Center console fishing boat ?
    I am thinking fix two automatic pumps, 1800GPH /per . Is that right ?:?:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'll assume you mean bilge pumps. Install the biggest darn pumps you can find and hope you don't ever need them, because they will not be enough. Mount one 2" higher then the other. A leak the size of a weak garden hose will overwhelm a 2000 GPH pump. A thunderstorm can drop enough rain to overwhelm a 2000 GPH pump. So, pick your equipment wisely.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Totally agree !! The bigger the better and dont forget it needs power to make it work !!!
    Not only float switchs but manual switchs as well !!Never rely solely on a automatic switch .
    I have the over board exits in a place where they are easy seen and if a pump goes at anytime i find out why and what caused it straight away !!. :D:p:)