Cook Ware for boats

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Jul 9, 2004.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Sometime ago (several years I think) I recall seeing an info-mercial on TV having to do with a 'sit on the countertop cooking device' that combined microwave, infrared, and convection oven cooking into one device. It could take a completely frozen steak and cook it with all the juicyness of a fresh one......and many other claims.

Would anyone know of the device of which I speak?? Or maybe how I might search for the history of such a device....remember I did see a full working model on nationwide TV. :?:

I suspect it was not a commercial success here in the USA even with all of our gadetry, but I've often thought it could certainly make sense on a smaller vessel with the inverters available today.....imagine substituting such a singular device for a maine stove with oven, a microwave, a coffee maker, even an outside rail grill, the propane bottles, etc. :idea:

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Don't know about the IR, but you can certainly buy combo convection / microwave / grill off the shelf

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Try Graingers - Sharp makes one.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Sears

5. yipster

yipster designer

i dont like inverters to much...

something else:
    1000 watt genset handles 1000 watt (or less), wouldnt say a 200 watt set make more sense, i mean there's no down trotle on the thing.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.