Hydrogen power for a boat?

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by thudpucker, Apr 25, 2009.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

:confused: Yes I dont know much about Hydrogen power!

A friend had me look Google "Hydrogen fuel cell" and after reading several sites, I got the feeling that nobody really had anything working yet.

I know they have it going in (Iceland, Greenland....) one of the colder countries where they have Geo-thermal to produce the Hydrogen fuel cells.

It looks to me like there is an external power source needed to get it all going and then it runs on water. Is that it?

If water, then has anybody made one work in a boat yet?:?:

2. david aymar

david aymar Junior Member

hydrogen

Hi Thudpucker Dave here I have been building Hydrogen boosters and experminting with them for over a year with much sucsess and have installed them on several fleet cars minie vans and 15 passenger vans and the less computerised the better the results I have gained from 3 to 8 mpg and allways an increase in power Have not yet installed one on a carburated moter with with no computer or 02 sensors. I understand thay work best when the computer canot interfear. I intend to install one on my Chris Craft please read my post under propulsion thanks Dave also have had no motor failure of any kind in over a year.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.