Floor

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by barrienxtgen#9, Jul 23, 2009.

1. barrienxtgen#9

barrienxtgen#9 New Member

Hi this is my first on here, I have read some of the post and you all seem to know your stuff. I have had a boat given to me and it needs a new floor put in it. I just want to know the best way to go about this. I really don't want to remove the current floor just because its glassed in, how ever would cutting around the edge of the old plywood and removing most of the old floor do? or could I just lay over what there?

Thanks Chris
    Plus does anyone know of a web site I could use to search the model number on my boat??
    006.JPG

008.JPG 009.JPG

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Lay over what is there and you will just get a rotten deck. Cut the old deck out and install new. Seal the plywood with epoxy resin and it will last longer than the original.

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Be prepared to find even more rot once the old deck is off. This forum should really be called the sole and stringer forum, since nine out of ten posts deal with rotten plywood framing and panels.
    There are a lot of threads, in other words, chock full of good advice. Use the search function. Good luck.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.