Buccaneer 40

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rberrey, Dec 6, 2014.

1. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

There is a Buc 40 in the Mobile Al. area priced dropped to $19500.00 . Any thoughts on a Buc 40 as a cruiser , and cost difference of maintaining a 40' tri -v-31' tri . Rick

2. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

Ive been eyeing that very same boat for a longgggg time. It will be interesting to see what the guys here can dredge up. Ive been wondering the same questions myself but I am in no position right now for such a boat.

If you purchase her, let us know. I would love a first hand look! I tried when I was over near there for thanksgiving but I ran out of time.

3. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

I "helped" a friend build a Buc 40 in Key West in maybe the 80's?

Sailed her many times, liked her a lot. Not roomy below but a nice all round fast Tri with good manners.

I just looked the vessel up, that looks like a lot of boat for the price. One thing on my friends boat was termites in the crossarms, they are plywood and lumber even if the hulls are fiberglass / foam

:cool:

4. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Surface area of the hull and sail area give the best idea of upkeep. No wing decks = less paint but big sail area increases rig and gear costs.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.