Congrats USA

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lazeyjack, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

A good argument, YES but when it gets personal and threats are made or implied. That becomes too much over the top... May we all be different, (can't spell that French phrase - the accent alludes me), else this place would be tooo bloody boring....

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Sean,

Where did your get the information that Christopher Walken (not Walkin) was a US Navy Seal please? You must appreciate that checking facts before I put pen to paper, so to speak, is because I was taught to be cautious. Thus, a swift Google has prompted this post. I usually ignore your inaccuracies, but this time, I thought I'd call you out and see what you're holding?

Walken was born in 1943 and started acting in 1952. I cannot find any reference to military service, but if you have evidence to the contrary please post it here. As for his dancing skills, I am not surprised he's good. :D :D :D :D
    He is a trained dancer, after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Walken

I look forward to your justification for your claim .

Brian.

The accent eludes you. Allude is as in allusion.

1. indirect reference: an indirect reference to somebody or something
    He made an allusion to marital problems.

2. act of alluding: the act of making an indirect reference to somebody or something

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C' est la guerre!

(is a nicely ironic phrase used as an excuse for anything which goes wrong, often due to incompetence (sometimes one's own) or circumstances beyond ones control. A less elegant phrase would be "Hey, what can you do?")

3. harlemriverman

harlemriverman Senior Member

i thougt the expression was along the lines of qu'est-ce qui est dans le portefeuille yoru?

4. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

No Time...

Hello...

You did not give me enough time to sober up and sort out my *** from my mouth...

It has been raining for 8 days now...

SH.

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

The night Obama won I fell asleep on the couch watching the voting results at around 10:00 PM, and awoke at midnight to the sound of fireworks going off at the nearby street corner. My house is two blocks from the U of M stadium (the Big House) and the neighborhood is predominately but not exclusively students.

From midnight until 2:30 AM that historic evening, the whole city seem alive, I could hear a Marti Gras like celebration in the heart of downtown about a mile away. I tried my best to go back to sleep after the fireworks, but it was useless. I tried putting on the TV, but even the TV had become drowned out by 2:30 AM (local bars stop serving at 2:00 AM). It sounded like a marching band was marching on the city, I could hear the drums, real marching band style drums in the mix of a cheering crowd's merry making.

I put my pants and shoes on and ventured into the night armed with my camera and walked to the source of the noise two blocks away. About 300 people, mostly college students had marched and gathered at the end of Greene street in front of the football stadium's gated entrance. They were just joyfully cheering with shouts from the crowd like "OBAMA ROCKS" standing above the rest of the ruckus.

Three or four unmarked police cars with several officers in each car watched the peaceful celebration quite attentively, but made no efforts to interfere.

Audio/Video:
    http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x295/kach22i/MISC/?action=view&current=Imgp7152.flv

[​IMG]

It took me several days to get all of my sleep back, but it was a small price to pay.

Cheers, George/kach22i

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Pericles, I plead a failing mental retrieval system. - I was thinking something like "Viva la difference" (which I can't spell or pronounce), and stuffed up elsewhere, - - Ho-Hum for this one, me, seems dumb? - - what is the meaning of the other phrase, and for the life of me I cannot think what I was thinking but meant "illude" (to evade) I guess? but then "escapes" would work - the incorrect choice just sounded nice?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.