Congrats USA

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lazeyjack, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Actually you will probably find that most of us have been to the US at least once and if like me many times.

2. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"Thank goodness you weren't running the show during WWII or your flag would be the Rising Sun."Juice you are not in that league bud.The Yanks who fought and died in WW11 were Heroes all of them they fought for freedom not commerce. You cant hitch your wogon to theirs old man no way. As for the attack on 9/11 horrendous yes.Pre-emptive who knows maybe. America trained Osama.Rumsfeld got all kissy hugie with Sadam. Oh by the way you werent running the show during WW11 the real Americans were. Were you hiding under your bed during Nam or did you apply for exemption caus you broke a fingernail. I suppose those are aliens on Jerry's Show. Any how I hope you all give BO a chance to do some good.Maybe then America will be the America my old man told me about

1 person likes this.
  3. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"Then, we did what Europe (and all of us) should have done 20 years ago to prevent this mess...take them down". Um I think they aint down or do you watch re-runs of Rummies Shock and Awe

4. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"The world has gone off to thinking sad little utopian ideals while America protects their borders." Huh you are truly out of your mind. If you are on our border bud make sure you are a tourist.

5. Meanz Beanz

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", its eye opening and illustrates exactly how the US empire really works... It will push you into denial yet it explains so much. It should be of particular interest to anyone in Africa.

If stock is your business you should be aware of the plight of Overstock.com and Patrick Byrne's fight against a corrupt system. If not this hour long presentation might be of interest.

http://www.businessjive.com/

Google his name and the term "Naked Short Selling", read abit and you will see the scope of this corruption.

I like your Inflation Adjusted DOW chart. What inflation rate did you use? The official numbers? I never really trust "inflation adjusted" anything because the inflation number is such a movable feast, it's not what I call statistically honest... http://www.shadowstats.com/ Also what of survivor bias? Broad indexes always contain survivor bias which distorts the picture again.

You bring up 911... I think that anyone who has half a brain and has looked at the events of that day can see that it was a contrived event. There are so many things wrong with what was presented to the world as terrorist attacks that I don't know where to begin. I don't pretend to know who or how they where organised except to say that they where not as they where officially represented. I dare say that we have not yet seen the final objective that these events where designed to achieve. One wonders about the powers that the "Patriot Act" ushered in and what the true purpose of them is... one also wonders why Iraq was the first on the hit list when it so obviously had nothing to do with the supposed perpetrators. Fair enough, you did hit Afghanistan first, but only after being pushed in that direction by sounder reasoning.... anyway... once again all is not what it seems here.

Then we have the fight over South Ossetia, purportedly support for the Georgians is the reason that the US is there. In reality the world can see that its Russia and the US squabbling over the only non Russian controlled pipe line out of the area.

Its not hard to see that a great game is being played with oil as the center piece.

Anyway the point is the empire is corrupt and corruption is never something to admire and certainly does not make you the greatest.

Juice, you will find that most of us like the people of the US on a one for one basis BUT we very much mistrust your corrupt empire. I also find that most US citizens I talk to are not aware of just how the US functions in the world, they truly believe that their country is doing the right thing. Books like "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" give an insight as to why your actions raise the eyre of many of us out here.

Anyway mate, the thing is that we don't see that this attitude that "we are the best" that is so ingrained in your culture is justified in anyway. Many of us that have travelled to the US have the very same attitude that you have to the world... nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. A little more humility would have us focusing on the US's redeeming features but instead we get this "we are it!" attitude and over exposure to popular American culture that many of us find hard to take. Good leaders lead with humility and wisdom, in truth the US has done neither.

2 people like this.
  6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

your buddy?
    rid wine from sef africa
    shiraz

Attached Files:

7. Meanz Beanz

And I thought I was rambling in my Saturday morning haze :D Weather has turned down here and I have to go and work on the boat...soonish... delaying tactics here! but hey its the weekend :p

I find it hard to explain to US citizens just how we see them... its complicated, an odd mix of liking for many of the people on a personal level yet horror at the leadership and the "system".

I was trying to find the number of US citizens with passports but there is no official number and quoted numbers range from 10 to 30%. Anyway its a low number and goes a long way to explaining the insularity of their community.

Cheers
    MBz

8. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

:D :D :D :D :D

I want one of these!

9. Meanz Beanz

Its the only red :D none of this flouncy new age late` with a twist stuff! just give me a gutsy single variety Shiraz :D

10. Meanz Beanz

Its a classic... good find LJ!

11. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"shiraz" mmmm From ?

12. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"I want one of these!" No! funny hat looks a bit like Streisand?:D

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Butch .H - Dont you have bottle shops - where booze may be purchased, in Saffa? - Then How about some of the cellar doors of the local vinyards?... Ask around I know some good stuff is produced there....

14. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Yippie...

Hello...

So things have changed - and yes change is good - myself - I could write a speech or even a poem about change and rebuilding - and hide my personal agenda at the same time...

Invest in companies that manufacture bullet proof glass - aromoured Limos' - and self healing tires...

Invest in companies that supply the the next boomers with domestic goods and consumables...

Is it over - hell no - is it historic - I hope not - does it represent a process of a better man for the job and the evolution of a tired and self educated public choice based on same - I really hope so...

SH.

15. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

for all those thinking folks

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.