Concrete submarine

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by waterchopper, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeKi

HeKi Previous Member

No, European Submarine Structures hasn't built any habitats. The website mostly contain historical information about different underwater habitat projects. I sincerly hope you don't misunderstand the website.

2. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

I guess that we can conclude the answers are

a) no

b) no

3. HeKi

HeKi Previous Member

Dear Kerosene,

We are showing examples of different kinds of underwater habitats. I am not claiming that we have built them.

I will remove the habitat pictures we haven't taken ourself. No problem.

Best regards,

Mvh HK

4. HeKi

HeKi Previous Member

Please, regarding publishing of photos, the rules & regulations differ a lot from country to country. The Colombian and Swedish legal traditions has little to do with the one in US. Free speach protects most things in Sweden.

5. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

haha - right...

You do know that one of the most comprehensive international treaties was revised in Stockholm* 1967... I have studied design and we had classes on copyrights - and I can guarantee that there is practically no difference in the treaties that that Finland and Sweden has agreed to.

Free speech my *** - you are blowing smoke and making stuff up. Unlicensed use of images is not allowed in any western country.

* Stockholm is the capital of Sweden

6. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

Has 'European Submarine Structures' built any submarine structures?
    If so please list designs and site locations.

7. wardd

wardd Senior Member

im a boat builder and some day i may build one, until then ill show you all pretty pictures of boats i havnt built

Attached Files:

8. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

wardd - you should also display those images with descriptions on your website called "classictallshipbuilder.com" - it would not really suggest that you build such things...

9. wardd

wardd Senior Member

good idea

10. HeKi

HeKi Previous Member

Dear Kerosene,

Well, the law actually is unclear. It has do with the fact that Internet still remains somewhat of a legal void in Sweden. This is the reason for why Pirate Bay was located in Sweden, and not in Finland, or US.

When it comes to pictures and links in Sweden, Google has problems with this now. Basically, they don't know what is legal, or not legal.

Anyway, as earlier mentioned I will change some of the pictures. I think some of them for sure should be removed.

Best regards,

HK

11. HeKi

HeKi Previous Member

Hello bntii,

Yes and no. If you are very strict you could answer that question with a "no". European Submarine was founded half a year ago. Formally, the company hasn't built any submarines. However, if you are less strict you could answer "yes". The company consists of me and Wil, and Wil has built three submarines. Since there is very little difference between the company and Wil and me, I would answer the question with a "yes"; although, that is somewhat of an oversimplification.

If I have understood Wilfried correctly his three submarines were built on the following places:

1t submarine - Family home in Austria.
    20t submarine - Rented garage Austria. Test diving in Lake Atter (Atter See)
    200t submarine - Navtech Shipyard (where I personally have been)

Lake Atter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attersee_(lake)
    Navtech: http://www.navtech-sa.com/home/index.php

If someone is interested it's possible to find Navtech on Google Earth. The coordinates are the following:

10° 23' 13.91'' N
    75° 30' 59.25'' W

Best regards,

Mvh HK

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Removing the entire website would be the better solution!

13. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Just when I thought I'd seen it all on this thread.

I can't believe my eyes.

Willy, Willy, Willy...

14. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Looks like we have a EU wellmer rep now....
    Maybe apex would like to open a branch in Germany.

Steveall, any tips for the lad?

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.