Concrete submarine

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by waterchopper, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Nope; sorry. But I remember back in the day when they first came out with pop tops for beer. We used to turn a can upside down and use a church key on the side instead of the bottom. Then we'd flip it back around with our mouth over the opening, pull the pop top and start chugging.....the object was to get it all down without taking a breath.

On a related note, everyone I knew used to just drop the pop tops into the cans when we were sitting around drinking, instead of strewing them around to endanger people ("Blew out a flip flop, stepped on a pop top, cut my heel, had to cruise on back home...."). But a friend of mine who was a Navy Corpsman told me he never got through a weekend on duty without some young sailor showing up who'd swallowed a pop top with his beer.

OK, I'm off-topic. But I mentioned sailors, at least.....and what else can you do with a subject like this one?:D

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

When a person has a passion, like building a boat... Much more a submarine.
    He is more open to getting and receiving support. You could have done it, and built it and now be the the worlds first concrete submarine millionaire. Welmer has a good idea there. But I am afraid it looks like scam also. May be he started good, but went evil somewhere.
    I ask Welmer about a year ago for pictures of inside or engine room, never would do it. My guess is Sub is made of 2x4 wood covered in a mesh and badly stucco. Welmer next time make a rebar cage, take a picture, then pour concrete, take a picture, etc.... Also if you come up with the excuse that there are secrets involved, bs, people have been making concrete structures for 3000 years. I doubt you invented anything new.
    Oh by the way, if we are wrong and your not a scammer, then where are the pictures of it being built, surely you took some..

Oh by the way Welmer, I am surprise that you don't have people knocking down your door in Colombia wanting them to build submarines for them, concrete or otherwise.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Take Hugo Chavez on shakedown cruise. It could mean peace between Colombia y Venezuela.

4. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Will since this thread has derailed completely, and none of you ba*#ยค%s offerd me a shoulder to cry on when my computer went down, like totally down, I had to gather user codes passwords and play discjockey for days.... And what support from you guys:? Zip, nill, nada, zero!!

So here is what I finally ended up with as support:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=16012280

5. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Poor lad...

Looking for a warm caring heart in this cold cruel world..

6. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

More someone to squeeze through the schredder at the office....
    Have anyone of you guys tried calling HP support?
    ("oooh, weeell, call me if anything changes....").

Not me here, but i recognize the situation:
    http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/599951

The program screwed up 2 out of 3 backups i had made...

Tho only solution was playing discjockey for a couple of days and copy files directly, flat, from an external HD.

So; now you're warned:
    You all; stay away from that HP product.... OK?:rolleyes:

7. dskira

dskira Previous Member

A submarine is composed of thousand of fittings going in and out of the pressure hull. Steel is easy to deal with, it is safe and if well welded last a life time. Now the freefloading part (which is now the double hull streamlined with the outside hull) as to be attached and also has to be inspected every years.
    Concrete is impossible to have all theses componants.
    The oil rig as all the fitting above the waterline, the concrete is not in any circonstance perforated or touched.
    Trying to make a concrete submarine is a lost of time, since the only reference wellmer give us is the oil platform, which by the way 90% are of stell. Concrete is used in only very particular platform for the buoyancy tubes.
    Now some little magazine you will find in every doctors offices as long articles about the solar bicyclette, the WC who transform waste in food, the 50000 passenger airliner, and of course the concrete submarine. All these project, is under the secret supervision of some gouvernement. I think Wellmer is going a lot to the doctor for is research.
    Cheers
    Daniel

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I thought those governments were puppets of space aliens.

9. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Catstrophic failure depth of Willy's c-sub destructive test wager board:

bntii: 85 m

watson: 0 m

s-tom: 312 m

KnutS: 74 m

Apex: 60 m

gonzo: 16.3 m

hoytedow: 45 m

wellmer: ???

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  10. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

It is a cruel, cruel world... And we are the vampires... Or something like that

11. stevevall

stevevall Junior Member

I took a break from the mob forum here, as it was unproductive. Wil is at least doing something. He has been called a liar, cheat swindler, snake-oil salesman, am I forgetting anything?
    I believe in his ideas, and after seeing the new pictures, which most of you said would never appear, I have questions. Specifically how the fins will hold back the water. It looks to me as the hull was done in one pour. Is not that a major point? I know nothing about the technical discussion here, and although interesting, I have been informed previously about some of the general methods used that none of you have been advised.
    As far as being a swindler, or conman. He must be out for the big con, as I have previously offered to send half of the purchase price to get the next boat to be used as a traveling sales sub. My offer was refused, which would have been impossible to recover after it was gone.
    Wil can defend himself and to remark about his English skills is the biggest joke I have heard here. Most of you with the biggest mouths could not make a complete sentence in English if your life depended upon it.

12. dskira

dskira Previous Member

You are the one who talk about his english. Nobody else.
    Yes you ordered the submarine long time ago, I remember. He never refused the money, it is just a bad stunt. Do better next time to be belived.
    Wellmer NEVER answered ONE question about some important technical matters.
    So please get back to your break and don't bother.
    Wellmer must have asked you to come back to revive the post.
    Old trick
    Good by
    Daniel

13. stevevall

stevevall Junior Member

I beg to differ.

There was a comment about his language skills. You can find it between pages 29 and 35. I was to sick to my stomach to read any further. Wil has not asked me to post anything. Nor have I placed an order on this forum.
    I offered to contribute the money to pay for a sales model to be used by the company. There are no old tricks, or new ones being used here.
    It sounds to me as you are the most disrespectable, and quick to make unfounded accusations on this site.
    As to me remaining off this site, I will pick and choose where and when I chose to post. If you chose to post negative comments, that is your right. However, accusations are uncalled for, and it appears that I struck a guilty nerve given the quick, and again accusatory response to by post.
    I hope all is well with you. Sincerely, Steve

1 person likes this.
  14. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

stevevall

2 things:

1. -yes this thread has turned into a lynch mob just entertaining each others and serious search for information is long gone. why is this? see #2

2. Wellmer had good 20+ pages to answer any of the serious queries of very crucial information - he failed to address any legitimate concerns. Instead he posted same freaking pics 20-times.

I don't support the silly lynch mob mentality but in all honestly wellmer had it coming. If you dismiss all criticism including very valid ones you are bound not to be taken seriously. Especially on an matter that has huge potential (fatal) risks and major practical issues.

1 person likes this.

15. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

The serious information search is the crush depth.

It's very serious information and is the only way to validate Willy's

unsubstantiated claims of grandeur.

I wouldn't say there's any lynch mob mentality going on, Willy's credibility

has simply expired. We're onto him and he knows it as he's disappeared.

He still visits the forum often but no longer has the courage to comment.

His gig is up.

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.