1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Chris White Atlantic 46 Long Ranger Plans & Supplies For Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by RCinAR, Jun 3, 2021.

1. RCinAR

RCinAR New Member

Chris White's Atlantic Cats are proven world cruisers. He used to sell plans to individuals. There were six Atlantic 46 cats built per his website, plus a few other plan sets sold. Check his website and google the boat names for details and photos. These cats are in the same class as Gunboats and you can build one yourself because:

A few years ago I purchased the plans for a CW Atlantic 46 Long Ranger (effecitvely an Atlantic 48) and SOME supplies. Supplies included enough 25 year old clear Western Red Cedar for the hulls, rolls of fiberglass, some marine plywood, heads, etc. I can provide a more complete list of supplies to interested folks.

A change in life plans suggests that I sell. This is the one and ONLY time i will advertise the plans & materials for sale on this site. Chris does not sell these plans anymore to individuals so far as I know.

So here is your one chance to build your own true world class cat. You cannot buy cedar this clear anymore - it's worth $10K by itself given current WRC pricing. There have never been another set of A46 plans offered for sale to my knowledge, except when I purchased these plans a few years ago.

This is a one time opportuniity, admittidly not for everyone.

I searched for years for self-build plans for a cat like this. Few exist and I did not have the $$$ for a professionally built one.

$20,000 for everything, located in Arkansas.

Please no ridiculous low ball offers or rude comments, just keep scrolling- If you're seriously interested and have funds available today please respond and I will provide you additional details in off-forum emails.

Also - DON'T ask me to sell digital copies of the plans. The plans are Chris's intellectual property and one set of plans convey the right to build one boat. End of story. I shouldn't have to include this statement, but I've already been asked.

If you don't care for the Atlantic series of cats, or think this design is dated, please keep scrolling. I do not want this to turn into another endless discussion of the merits of any particular cat, nor a debate on self building versus buying something different.

On a positive note - For the few buyers that may want to tackle this project, here is your one chance.

I will respond to inquiries in the order they were received.

Thanks, Rusty

2. JJrider

JJrider New Member

Are plans and supplies still available? Very interested. Thank you in advance sincerely Joe.

3. RCinAR

RCinAR New Member

Hi Joe - Thanks for your interest. The plans and materials are still available - I've had some interest but no 'takers' yet. I thought when I posted these that it would take a while to sell them as not everyone is looking for this class catarmaran, nor a project of this size. If haven't read it already get Chris White's book "The Cruising Multihull" for some insight.

If you want to follow up with me off-forum my email is rustycollyeratgmaildotcom. In that address - change the at to an @ symbol and the dot to a . and the email address will work. There are too many bots scanning forums like these to just publish real email addresses anymore & I don't need to get any more bogus emails than I already receive. It might take a day or so to get a reply from me as I don't live on my computer but will try to check emails at least once a day.

If you do send me an off forum email and it seems that I don't respond in a few days, repost here and I will see it and I can then check my junk/spam folders - in case an email gets trapped there for some reason and I'm not aware of it.

Thanks, Rusty

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.