Pocket money fishing boat

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by aikidojohn, Feb 5, 2011.

1. aikidojohn

aikidojohn New Member

Pocket money fishing boat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi All

I am a new-be to this site, I hope I have come to the right place on the site.

I am a reluctant kayak fisherman. Why reluctant, well I wonted a boat but had no where to keep it. I can keep two kayaks without any problems. I have a P13 and a Big Game. But paddling, dam thats hard work. Even when the weather wont let you go out for a few weeks, it's down the jim to keep up your paddle fitness. Well, it should be but every time I get the erg, I tend to sit down until the feeling passes.
    So I fitted a 2.5 Yam 4 stroke out board to my Big Game. I also fitted outrigger for stability and to help carry the weight (15 Kg) of the out board. This also helps me get back to the out board for starting/refueling and so on.
    I am alway looking of ways to improve, the design and I am looking at the floats of the outriggers. They were never design for anything but stability, so sit on the water more like a kids arm bands. I wont them to give me lift from about 3 knots on, to pick up my rear end and stop the out board digging in.
    So I have been looking at the model boats world for floats, well hulls anyway. My thinking at the moment is a scale model about 30" to 36"long and 8" to 12" wide.

This is the first time I tried the yam 2.5 on the water. The video has been taken at an angle that makes the back look more down than it real is. It also shows how after a few knots the floats swing around and act more like sea anchors.
    http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/aikidojohn/?action=view&current=KAYAKING_VIDEO.mp4

Looking through some of the designs on here gives me some hope.

Now that Ilan Voyager Yipster. Scaled down to 13' to 15'! Opps I am off again. :D:D:D

Think I am mad, You are dam right I am. I know as every one tell me so.

AJ :cool:

2. aikidojohn

aikidojohn New Member

3. aikidojohn

aikidojohn New Member