complex moulds

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by SeriolaDumerili, Feb 5, 2011.

1. SeriolaDumerili

SeriolaDumerili Junior Member

Finaly I have found plans for A class catamaran. The moulds seems very complex to me, just 4 pieces. Do you have any suggestions with setting up or building the crossbeams separately?
    Thank you for your answers

Attached Files:

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

wow i would love to be a part of this build !!:D
    It is very clever , i would recomend that the cross beams be built as a part of the whole structure and not as separate spars . :)
    During my time of glassing and doing boat repaires its usually its the spar lands and the areas surrounding them that suffer and break and eventuall fall apart . I asume there will be some internal structure ,webbing and space frames ?
    If a schedual has been specified and spec-d then i suggest you look seriously at the glassing in the light of progressive distruction lamnates and materials , flex and twist , combined these and will serve you well and it will not fall apart like so many that have gone before over the years .
    Parting words !!:confused:
    Carbon Yes? just be careful how and where you use it !! :p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.