wiper wirering

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by montyrosevear, Jun 26, 2012.

1. montyrosevear

montyrosevear Junior Member

Hi i have a screen wiper to connect only no instructions, its a marine ss it has 3 connections on the side it has + and - and a s i think is switch, how do i go about connecting it to my panel.
    Thank you

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It depends, One is positive to drive a speed, it may have 2 speeds and it even may have park. More info needed

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Post a picture of the unit, maybe a model number and make too. A two speed motor will usually have 3 wires. The - wire goes to the negative bus on your distribution panel, the two positive go to a 2P2T switch. Most of these motors are self parking, but some will have an extra wire for park.

4. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

" Boat Design Forums > Design > Stability"

This is here..why?

5. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

<thread moved>

6. CDK

CDK retired engineer

There are 2 circuits possible.
    With B+ and B- connected, the motor runs continuously. With B+ connected to "i" instead of + the motor completes only one swipe (type A). Other brands have B- connected to "i" for single swipe operation (type B).
    To find out which one you have, momentarily power the + and - to make the motor leave its end position. Then measure the resistance between - and "i". If the reading is zero, your wiper is type B.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.