Cabin plans for HDPE boat.

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Skari, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Skari

Skari boat builder

Hello.

I am building a 9.2 (30 feet) meter long boat out of HDPE plastic. There will be Yanmar inboard motor in it, and also a cabin. I was wondering if any one has some guidelines for how big a cabin should be. I want it to have 2 seats in the front, one for captain and one for passenger and also bench in the back for 3-4 people. The door will be on the side. I will build it from aluminium. I don't want the cabin to be longer than 2.2 (7'2")meters. It will be 1.8 meters wide (5'9ยจ)

It would be helpful if you have guidelines for how much space the captain needs and maybe for dashboard and other important stuff.

WBR
    Oskar

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You should include the weight of the cabin, benches, etc. in the design. They will determine, to an extent, where the engine is placed.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

So, you don't include the engine on your CG calculations!!!

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Allow 36" space (depth) for the front 2 seats.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.