Cockpit Canopies on Walkaround

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Willallison, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Rindert

Rindert Perfix & Q-SNAP

Hi Will

*Please note I work for Surefas, the developers of Perfix and Q-SNAP.

We started out with Perfix 5 years ago, and whilst many appreciate the safety features of not having any pins on deck to secure their covers, it is a system that is indeed better suited to less high-tension applications.

Lately we have seen a shift in using Perfix to to fasten interior and in gangways and windows for wind and sun screens.

Q-SNAP is an SS316 fastener, developed specifically to secure high tension covers, what we tend to see a lot now is a mix with Q-SNAP in the areas of high tension. (www.Q-SNAP.com )

I am curious to know how you'd feel about that. I can always send you a couple of Q-SNAPs for a trial.

Regards, Rindert

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Rindert,
    Thanks for the reply... and indeed Q-Snap was the new fastener that I was referring to. It certainly looks to be a promising option
    I'll reply to your PM re samples.
    Thanks

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Need a fiberglass top and clip on clear screens , The top wants to be light and not heavy that it will cause the boat to rock from side to side . Simple way to make a good top is find a van with a whole roof close to the size you need width and length and Take a splash a moulding off the top ! You will have the good smooth side inside and can fair up the outside and gel or paint it . :D

4. liki

liki Senior Member

Check how the problem has been solved on the same manufacturer's smaller open 25Wa.

5. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

True to his word, Rindert kindly arranged for me to recieve some Q-Snap info and samples. They certainly look promising... I'm looking forward to getting some more and seeing how they go...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.