CNC Question

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by sneakyb, Mar 28, 2007.

1. sneakyb

sneakyb Junior Member

I would like to get some prices for getting foam core bulkheads and stringers cut using a CNC machine.

Anyone know of a shop in south Texas, preferrably Corpus Christi, that can do this using .dxf files? I've finished the boat design (for the most part) and have .dxf files of all the parts I need cut.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

I don’t know of a shop in your area but if look in the yellow book for your area and call the larger custom cabinet shops you should be able to find one that will work with you. Most large cabinet shops these days have CNC routers all they need is a .dxf file. The price will depend on how many sheets you want cut and how finished your files are.

Gary

3. bholtermann

bholtermann Junior Member

CNC machine in VA may be able to help you

Hi can you advise the size of tha parts you need to make? Perhaps my router could do the job? I am just an independent guy with a router that loves boats.
    bholtermann@yahoo.com

4. fiberunlimited

fiberunlimited Junior Member

I am located in Orlando, FL and own a brand new Northwood 3 axis router with a 5'x12' table. How many parts do you need? Is it for 1 boat or an ongoing production.

5. JEM

JEM Senior Member

There's a guy named Ed Draw that helped a client of mine in the past. I don't have his contact info anymore. He's around Houston if I remember correctly.

Sorry I can't provide more info.