Climate change falsehood

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gonzo, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Did you mean the release of methane, mentioned in points #2, #3, and #5, in the Washington Post article above?

Components of Natural Gas

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

If the herd population is too large it falls to the owner of the herd to say which members are to be culled. Dictators sometimes think they own the people they tyrannize but in fact every one of their victims had as much right to life as the person taking that life. Who gets to pick the ones to be culled, you, or some politician you voted for or your mother in law?

3. ImaginaryNumber

[​IMG]

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Due to Imaginary Number being so rude and repeatedly hijacking this thread. I will ask the Moderator to close. Unfortunately, one member can ruin a productive discussion for the rest of us.

5. ImaginaryNumber

I have no problem with this thread being closed, though I would question how any single poster would have standing to request such a radical move. I would note that the thread had been dead for 7 months before I restarted it, and it tends to go silent whenever I quit posting (no posts between July 2 and July 9, though there were still a number of VIEWS each non-posting day). I post by far the largest number of informative on-topic posts, and there are posters who are quite vulgar, yet you say nothing.

I think your concerns are odd and misguided.

Perhaps you are just sore that the premise of your original post has been so thoroughly debunked?

[​IMG]

6. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

simple..the insurance companies paying the medical bills

7. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

gas that comes out of the ground, like crude is different everywhere
    2 engineers I have spoken to are talking in the 10-20% Co2 in some areas
    all the other gases are sold, Co2 vented

8. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Wind power is a joke. Wind power is fundamentally useless for powering a 21C economy. I do not care WHAT wiki references you bring up, it is still useless because it is unreliable in its delivery and power factor.

You cannot run a 21C industrial society on it unless you have 100% backup for it, in which case - why bother with wind?

Hydropower and even PV (solar) can work as you can rely on them. Well, short term (months to years) for hydropower anyway, more daily volatility with PV power. Problem with hydropower is twofold. First, it's limited by geography & rainfall so limited room for expansion. Second, all the good places left in countries like Australia are politically impossible (so far) to use, so in effect there are NO more hydropower plants possible. Same problem with pumped storage hydropower which would probably make best use of the unreliable nature of wind power, albeit at an efficiency drop. Try building one even if you can find a good site....

Which leads right back to fossil fuel plants, which I dislike, and nuclear plants, which I dislike a little less.

We have no other current technology that can deliver the power required to run a 21C First World economy. We have pissed away an awful lot of money on stupid attempts to do a King Canute, however, and every time I read someone telling me there's a CO2 problem AND suggesting something like wind as a useful substitute for fossil fuels/nuclear, my ******** detector goes off.

As for a 69' sea level rise, I'm still waiting for a 4' sea level rise. I have a boat to launch so I wish the sea level rise would get on with the job.

PDW

1 person likes this.
  9. ImaginaryNumber

Since the average concentration of CO2 in natural gas is 0.7%, those wells which produce 10%-20% must be unusual, and certainly far less profitable than typical wells. Perhaps there are ways to put that excess CO2 to good use.

ENERGY.GOV | Enhanced Oil Recovery

[​IMG]

10. ImaginaryNumber

You seem very fond of denigrating information in WIKIPEDIA, yet you offer absolutely no supporting evidence for your own assertions. Who, exactly, is the big joke?

No one is saying that wind alone needs to provide all the electrical powered desired.

Australia has enough solar power capability to supply the whole world, if one could solve both the storage and transportation challenges. The Sahara region of North Africa could power much of Europe. The desert regions of southwest U.S. could power much of the U.S. And on and on.

You did read all the internal WIKIPEDIA links in my post on possible power storage methods? No? Didn’t think so. I guess we know which pigeon-hole to put you in.

11. richard gray

richard gray Junior Member

climate change

see white water/blackgold on tv. I was at bc ice fields.by Banff. there were posts that showed retreating ice for turn of century SCARY!!

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Just how many CO2 fire extinguishers and pellet gun cartridges does the world need?

13. wardd

wardd Senior Member

just because we can move mountains and alter the face of the earth doesn't mean we can pollute the atmosphere

14. dskira

dskira Previous Member

You are very sick.
    I read your posts about population, human and other very hatred oriented view. Like overpopulation is the main problem on earth, and so on.
    Are you a son of Josef Mengele? It looks that way.
    Just do what you preach for human kind: Disappear.

15. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Myark, following your own theory, which one of your friend should be not allowed to be on earth?
    Tell me, I will be interested. They seams to be overpopulated looking at the picture.
    Why are you smiling? Oh yes, I get it: it is your friends :p
    That the difference, everyone can die, but not you. Congratulation, you just reinvented the KKK and following other sick people who thought like you.
    Sorry the picture is large. It is because Myark has a lot of friends :p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.