Climate change falsehood

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gonzo, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It is insulting that you would call our own species a disease.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  2. hoytedow

That would be like trying to prove you quit beating your wife.

3. myark

myark Senior Member

Feeding candy to cows has become a more popular practice in tandem with the rising price of corn which has doubled since fueled by government-subsidized demand for ethanol and this year’s drought.
    While corn goes for about $315 a ton, ice-cream sprinkles can be had for as little as $160 a ton.
    Children know humans are the cause of global warming and its known ethanol causes pollution to grow the product that is just as destructives to earth.
    Earth is struggling to produce enough food for the 7 billion humans with worldwide starvation at any time nature decides as it has in many parts of the world where millions already starve why others watch and get fat.
    Starvation is one of nature’s ways of thinning earth’s human population.
    Other ways for the human population to be thinned is to die from disease.
    The Black Death was one of the most deadly pandemics in human history.
    The total number of deaths worldwide from the pandemic is estimated at 75 million people; there were an estimated 20 to 30 million deaths in Europe alone. The Black Death is estimated to have killed between one-third and two-thirds of Europe’s population.
    Nature will create another black death besides starvation let alone alone another world war, the next war will be nuclear.

4. myark

myark Senior Member

If you cannot handle my statement which is correct you should go troll other sites with your eccentrics ranting’s.
    Please be more polite and stop stalking me.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  5. hoytedow

Get serious. Humanity is not a disease. Your statement is not correct and you should stop trolling sites looking to put forth your dangerous dogma. Please don't take any antibiotics that would lead to fewer humans on the planet. We need them all, even you.

6. myark

myark Senior Member

As I said troll, stop stalking me as I am not interested in debating with over self-opinioned persn that’s lost his marbles long time ago.
    You have been stalking me from the time I have started to post on boat design so do not bother me again or reply to any of my post like I have already asked you.
    Thank you

7. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Not to mention wind plants, which are demonstrably failures from an engineering POV WRT CO2 emission reduction. The reason being that they need very close to 100% backup, typically by fossil fuelled plants, which are run at inefficient levels so they can be brought up fast.

They're an outstanding success at sucking subsidies from Governments, however.

PDW

8. myark

myark Senior Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  9. myark

myark Senior Member

10. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Why do you think we need them all?
    Too many people are one of the worlds problem

11. myark

myark Senior Member

It’s official: The human race is earth’s disease
    http://www.teemingbrain.com/2009/05/09/its-official-the-human-race-is-earths-disease/

2009: James Lovelock and humans as “earth’s infection”

James Lovelock, the renowned scientist, environmentalist, and futurist who famously spearheaded the scientific study of global warming and formulated the now-standard Gaia model that views the earth as a living organism — and who will turn 90 years old this July — had a new book (his tenth) published last month titled The Vanishing Face of Gaia: A Final Warning. His basic message is that radical climate change with globally catastrophic results for the human race is now locked in as an inevitability.

LiveScience published an article about Lovelock and his new book a few days ago that imparts the flavor: “Die, Humans! Is Mother Nature Sick of Us?”

What children know is in the link below.

http://vimeo.com/31279359

12. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Systems that can efficiently deliver electricity long-distance, as well as efficient storage (on an hourly, daily, seasonally basis) of intermittent power sources needs to be developed. That will cost big bucks. What is often not taken into account are the large external costs of coal and gas burning.

WIKIPEDIA | Possible Storage methods
    see also WIKIPEDIA | Grid Energy Storage

WIKIPEDIA | Cost of Electricity by Source

[​IMG]

As you can see in the “Total System Levelized Cost” column, new Hydro, Wind, Geothermal, and Natural Gas are already competitive with Conventional Coal when more of the externalities are considered. Note that Wind and Solar require a larger investment in transmisison.

13. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

While the use if Natural Gas may be a necessary intermediate step in controlling CO2 production, it isn’t nearly as “green” as might first appear.

WASHINGTON POST | Can natural gas help tackle global warming? A primer

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC | Natural Gas a Weak Weapon Against Climate Change, New Study Asserts

14. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

no-one seems to talk about the CO2 that comes out of the ground and vented to the atmosphere when processing gas...

15. hoytedow

If you don't like what I have to say you can put me on your ignore list. There is a difference between responding to a statement to which I hold a disagreement and stalking. You got here after I did so who is stalking whom? If you are trying to chill or intimidate me into silence you are barking up the wrong tree.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.