Clear epoxy

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Micke, Feb 25, 2018.

1. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

When I was searching for a boat; I saw “cheapcat”.

There is no such thing!

My glass budget, epoxy, and core is over 30k. Engines and systems over 20k. The budget is 100k.

Can you beat my budget? Sure.

Plywood. Monocoque layup. ....ester. Smaller engines... No lightening protection. No a/c or heat or refer. Probably save you 50%...still double the posted amount..

Sail; skip engines; costs of mast n sail; can it be done on 5k? Unlikely.

Then that boat.....what are those keels? They look like that boat would fly sideways faster than for.

There are two boats shown on his page. I lied. The second has motors; no sail rig which makes sense as the sailability is not even critiqued by the designer.

The other day I bought some 5/8 construction plywood. When I put screws in it; the acrews separated the plies. Imagine using that for a boat...

Cheapcat is just out there to taunt the rationale builder. Despite his pictures.

There is no such thing.

2. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

Some of the Grumman IIRC delivery vans were translucent on top.
    Absolutely brilliant. Beautiful lighting throughout most of the work day.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.