Cleaning Diesel Tanks

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by smokeonthewater, Sep 16, 2006.

1. smokeonthewater

smokeonthewater ED

Thanks for all your replies everyone, i think from what you have all said i will probably have to filter the old fuel and re-use it after scrubing the tanks clean. i will probaby put some diesel addatives in the fuel as well to clean the fuel system and kill the bugs, this is mainly because of budget i dont think i can afford to spend to much more on fuel than i have to (but obviously if its going to be dangerous for me not to change the whole lot then i will have to). what do you think about diluteing some of the fuel with fresh and say only getting rid of 25-30% of the old fuel (still filter & clean the tanks of course)? do you think i would gain anything by doing this? i guess by the time ive filtered off the muck and water etc ill loose quiet abit of fuel anyway?
    thanks for your help

Ed

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.