cigarette racing hull!! help!!

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by white raven, Jan 27, 2009.

1. white raven

white raven white raven

Heloo!! I am new here on this forum and this is my first post, so i hoppe i am not making any mistache writing this post here!

I want to build a RIB boat using a Tigarette Racing hall and i would like to know more about it! can somebody help me??

thanxs!!

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Do you have a pic of the hull? The question is where to cut the hull down, do you need extra side support and how to attach the tubes ( I would use continuous 1/8" 5086 aluminum strips 1 1/2" wide on both sides of the hull with bolts every inch and a half. total weight of hull, engines, etc. and fuel will tell you what size tubes you need. There is a lot more to it than this but this can start your thought process. if you have pics, do they show the DWL?

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

Also, please explain why a RIB. thx

4. white raven

white raven white raven

No in this moment i don,t have any pic of the hall! the ideea is very simple .. when you make the mould for hall you must extind the sides so you can build the tubes,also you can use most of the hall to construct a gass tank, so i will be a long range boat...the problem is.. i don.d know how it feals that hall on the water..

why a RIB!!
    hmmm good question!! i use to install engines on rib boats olso testing them, i see this boats more saffety when you want to install 3 V8 engines or 4, and i like the oportunities of this boats!!

thanx!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.