battery bank management

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by billy67, Oct 21, 2012.

1. billy67

billy67 Junior Member

Hi all,
    I am recently repowering my boat from inboard to outboards and i have now to rethink:idea: the battery management electrics on board, recently i fell onto these battery management clusters while browsing on the net, can someone please highlight if these are ok for my use, the outboards output is 70 amp and kicker 12 amp respectively and i will be adding an extra battery for house use, these switches allow for charging of batteries simultaneously and allow batteries to be combined in an emergency any help please or some different solution perhaps i would appreciate if someone listed a couple of links for similar products.;)

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Why do you want to change the arrangement? Whether the alternators are on an inboard or outboard it makes no difference to the electrical circuit.

3. billy67

billy67 Junior Member

with the inboard engines i had a main switch for every engine and the accessories were split between each engine that is why i want to change the way the system is.