chris craft capri rewire

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by nam57, Jul 2, 2008.

1. nam57

nam57 Junior Member

I have what I thought was a 57 capri but just found out it is a 58 which shouldn't matter, but I am in the process of a total restore wood, elec and what ever else it may need. I have removed all wiring, gages and switches while I am working on the wood top,bottom and sides but am currently researching the electic systems to prepare to reinstall. I am looking for some type of manual or diagram to help me reinstall as orginal. I am comfortable with DC voltages and look forward to tackling this part of the restore. I also would like to add a stero and a second battery for pumps, blowers and so on. Are there any sources to obtain the orginal wire locations, color and connector types, along with suggestions for adding the pumps, blowers ect...
    This boat did not have blowers in the engine compartment but I will be installing them, Is there a way to wire the boat so the ignition would not be powered untill the blowers are on and ideally on for a predetermined amount of time before the igintion would be powered and able to start the boat?

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

ChrisCraft should be able to provide you with circuit and wiring diagrams. You may find that it's easier to start from scratch tough.

Cheers,

Tim B.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.