Chris Craft 282 Crown info needed

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by nasadawg, Feb 10, 2005.

1. nasadawg

nasadawg New Member

Hello all,
    I have a question about a Chris Craft. It is a 1994, 28', 282 Crown. It has two 5.0L engs. I am trying to find any info I can about this boat. The listing states it has Volvo Penta model 351 eng's. The people (broker) states it has OMC. Which is it or what can I look at to tell the difference?

Merc is on the eng. (air cleaner).

This boat is really clean and I want to get it. Just want to know what I am getting and having to fix later :confused:

Thanks

2. Is there a good Marina nearby? PAY their best mechanic to go with you for a ride to check out EVERYTHING. His knowledge is worth a couple of hundred dollars and lunch which you pay for. Have him give you a " possible problem and cost list ". It should determine the final price of the boat. Also ask if he would recommed it to you, knowing what you want and expect of the boat. The best spent money on the boat, will be his bill. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.