1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Classic 53ft. Pilot house project boat 4-sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by LiveAboardBill, Apr 28, 2009.

1. LiveAboardBill

LiveAboardBill Junior Member

My screen name is almost accurate, as I am almost a live-aboard. I currently own 2 project boats and must get rid of the one I love to keep the one my wife likes. The following is from an ad that I'm running on Craig’s list. The boat is located in Sanford, Florida on the St. Johns River.

It's a little messed up that my first post is to sell a boat but I definitely look forward to future post. The boat I'm keeping is a 1964 Hatteras Double Cabin that is mechanically decent but needs a lot of interior work as well as a lot of exterior work.

The "Island Woman" is really deserving of a re-hab and I hope to find her a good home soon. I'm asking $14,000 for her

Thanks for looking.

A great chance to own a truly historical craft, the last of an era. "Island Woman" formerly "Demi Savage" was built under Lloyds supervision in Berthon Boat Works, U.K. for a Lord Craigmyle. She was built to Lloyds specs as his personal family cruiser and served as an Americas Cup crew boat. She was designed by the famed naval architect Arthur Robb. Her plans are available through the Mystic Seaport museum. Her original build contract is onboard.

Her hull is planked with 1 3/8” Iroko (Nigerian Teak) over 2 ¼’ x 1 ½” young English oak steam bent frames on about 10” centers. She has +/- 3000lbs of exterior ballast Her draft is +/- 4’10”

Her engines and transmissions have had recent fluid changes and are in good running condition.

Other than typical cosmetic repairs, she needs new pillar blocks at the rudder post as well as rudderpost shelves.

I need to sell her as soon as possible due to the fact that I bought another boat that was more to my wife’s liking.

NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED.

Feel free to call me at (239) 910-6093. I can e-mail more pics.

Attached Files:

2. Kenn

Kenn New Member

Question about boat?

She is a beatiful boat. Some questions?

Photos of engines, interior, bilge
    Any photos out of the water
    LWL , beam
    Type of engines,engine cooling, age, GPH
    Cruise speed, Max speed.
    Last time out of water
    Last bottom paint

She is moored in Sanford? Is there a way to get her out of the water in Sanford or is Green Cove the nearest location.

Could she make a 700 mile trip under her own power?

Thanks, Kenn

3. Kenn

Kenn New Member

4. Kenn

Kenn New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.