Chevy LS with 351W manifold

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by PickleRick, Nov 14, 2018.

1. PickleRick

PickleRick Junior Member

Couldn't find a whole lot of info on this outside the car guys. People are using 351 headers/manifolds on LS engines. One hole needs to be redrilled in many applications. All of the runners line up. Im still in the design stages for my diesel swap (finding a water cooled center cartridge turbo that has a good map for my BHW 2.0 vw tdi) but in the mean time i have a free 5.3 ls engine(from truck) if i want. I have a tuner that will reflash it to a marine program locally although i think for simplicity sake may just do the carb conversion. The ls manifolds, cheapest ive found are 1500, the 351s are half that. Attaching to a volvo penta 290 outdrive.

I chose a boat with the volvo penta because of strength of outdrive, ease of swapping the foot for diesel gearing and adding a duo prop if coming onto plane takes too long. The ls engine will have no issues however my bhw is happier under 3000 rpms. My current motor is a running 305 (aq211) my diesel with only a stage 2 tune with all else stock is 170hp/310 ftlbs torque). Looking just to toss in a motor with a little more oomph for this summer.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.