Chess match(es)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by troy2000, Nov 16, 2010.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

We will do our duty and buy some cod. I cut it up and deep fry it breaded. Maybe you caught it? Who knows?

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I'll re-post the games; good luck with the fishing. Cod does sound good. Of course I haven't had breakfast yet, so a lot of things sound good....

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Just don't blow the oats out the wrong end.

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

un bloody believable
    I just picked myself up of the floor
    ok
    thing wont let me give you a few well earned points but dam
    how did you find Troys dance videos
    I've heard rumors
    ok we all have but yikes
    all that is missing is the disco

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Mark, I sent you two invitations for games on itsyourturn.com -- and never got a response. So I've been amusing myself by beating up on lesser opponents.

Here's one where White overextended his center pawns without backup, and paid the price. Pretty routine stuff -- except that it was a 19 move game, and his last 13 moves were forced. He must've felt like he'd been run over by the playground bully before we were done....

One tournament game I'm playing now is about to turn into a knight, bishop and king vs king ending.

According to Wikipedia that ending only comes up once in every 5,000 games, and with perfect play on both sides it should be a win for me in 33 moves. That gives me a 17-move pad to avoid drawing by the fifty-move rule.... let's see if I can do it.

Attached Files:

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

False alarm. I got all psyched up, studied Delatang's triangles, and practiced the moves until I could do them in my sleep. I figured I'd have to pin my opponent to the edge of the board, chase him to the wrong corner, force him out of it, herd him back to the right corner, then mate him. All within the fifty move rule, of course.

Instead, he hung around the right corner like it was his salvation instead of his doom, and after the last pawn it was a mate in seven. I suspect he thought he could sucker me into a stalemate -- and he might have been able to, had we been playing face to face with a clock.

I know I said I was staying completely out of any threads not directly related to boats, but hey -- this is chess.:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.