Building Roberts PCF40

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Oldmansfolly, May 25, 2020.

1. Oldmansfolly

Oldmansfolly New Member

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I am starting on the build of my dream. I live in Newcastle Australia near lake Macquire. The boat is steel 43foot which is stretched a little. it will be a traditional rig with a gaff. Enjoy the build and follow along, I am sure I will have many questions.

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Gavin.
    (I am the geezer who suggested to you on the FB Motor Sailer group to start a thread on here as well).
    And we shall very much enjoy your build thread.
    What sort of plans did you receive from Bruce Roberts - are they full size templates?
    And will you be getting your shell plates plasma cut from a CAD file? Maybe bulkheads as well?
    Are you starting to cut out the frames now?

3. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

You have been silent for 4 months Gavin - I hope that work is progressing well on your dream build?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.