streamliner

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kent Lund, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kent Lund

kent Lund Guest

Hi I have a set boat plans by a man named George Tanner.
    they are dated 1938 Detroit mi. The boat is a tetherline racing model
    I understand that Mr Tanner worked for John L Hacker in Michigan USA and the Streamliner boat co. in Gravenhurst Ont Canada. Can anyone tell me more
    the plans are for a round chinn 36" boat and I can send pictures of the completed model thank you--Boatnic

2. Zed

Zed Senior Member

3. kent Lund

kent Lund Guest

Hacker/Streamliner information

Thank you very much for the fascinating information on the boat builders.

Sorry to say no mention of George Tanner.Maybe we will never know his affiliation. I have a great photo from the Detroit news showing Mr Tanner with Gar Wood. they are standing next to the children's pond at Waterworks Park on the Detroit river.1936 Mr Tanner is showing his tetherboat to Mr Wood.

Water Works Park (long gone) was the site for the Detroit Model power Boat clubs race program should you like to read more about or see pictures
    Google Kent Lund small boats big passion.---for a story from 1999
    Thank you again for the information

4. Zed

Zed Senior Member

No worries, I don't know much about it, I just happened to stumble on them in my travels. Good luck with it!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.