Check this out

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Jonny, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Jonny

Jonny New Member

This site should really help out any builders that use sanding pads on their boats. I've been experimenting on different sanding techniques and these pads actually come in different densities too. It cuts your time by a lot.

www.southshoremfg.com

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

What others have you tried that these are superior to, and specifically how are they superior? How does it actually 'cut your time by a lot'?

3. Jonny

Jonny New Member

Flexpads outlast everything

Hey Jeff, I've used mostly 3M pads which I feel are over priced. I have also used PowerPads. The 3M line of products are good because they come out with just so many different products with all types of applications. But I have always felt that their pads are a "cookie cutter" product. They dont last long, they are out of balance and that alone can destroy your sanding time. Not to mention they dont have any other densities. Pads that aren't true makes major swirl marks and dig into what your sanding. You dont want to go over the same spot 8 times with a finer grit every time because the pad you are using is out of balance. There are just so many different reasons I like these pads. They just give me the versatility that I need. You really dont know what you are using until you get something better. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.