What design is this boat?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Burrago, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Burrago

Burrago New Member

Can anybody identify this boat for me please? Approx. 24ft long x 9 or 10 ft beam. DSCF3043.jpg

DSCF6197.jpg

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I don't know what design it is, but I don't like the stern of that yacht. Looks like a wave-generator to me, especially when the heel angle gets high. Hence, increased resistance when you least need it.
    See the attached pic where I have highlighted the area which puzzles me.

Attached Files:

3. Burrago

Burrago New Member

Thanks for the reply. I can see what you mean re. heel and associated wave generation. It looks to me as if it may have been a fishing boat originally and converted for pleasure use. I doubt that the wave generation or hull speed would be a real worry to the owner - it's not a racing hull.

4. frank smith

frank smith Senior Member

Looks like a modified double ender , maybe a life boat .

5. CT249

CT249 Senior Member

Around the NSW and southern QLD coasts, hull speed can still be a big issue for an owner. The distance between ports and the fact that so many of them are river bars mean that if can't sail fast enough to get out of one river on the high tide and to the next river on the next high, then you're going to spend a lot of time listening to the thud of the diesel, or playing dodgem with crab pots and whales all night.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.