Cheap postgraduate education ( UK )

Discussion in 'Education' started by RGorshkov, Dec 28, 2010.

1. RGorshkov

RGorshkov Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    I saw many post about education, but I didn't find answer to my question.
    I'm an architect whith 5 years of experiance. Now I want to be a yacht and power boat designer (exterior and interior), but I need some education.
    May you help me to find not very expensive (but good) university in UK (beter in London)

Thanks

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

3. RGorshkov

RGorshkov Junior Member

Do you know more universities in UK?

4. RGorshkov

RGorshkov Junior Member

Or in Italy ...

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Firstly, i think university is beyond your education level. Why, because all it takes is 2 seconds to type into google to find:
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/
    http://www.universities.co.uk/
    If you do not have the aptitude nor gumption to perform this simple task, may i suggest another route to your goal.
    Secondly, it seems your "needs" are changing (firstly UK, then London, then Italy)...which also suggests you dont know what it is you want to do.

Sit down, have a think what it is you really want to do..and why!....then what it is you need to do to achieve this goal.

6. monrosm@shrewsb

monrosm@shrewsb Junior Member

7. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

best AND cheapest way to learn auto mechanics AND design is

to go to local self service junk yard and just start practicing, and looking.

Too bad we don't have the equivalent in the boat world, with nearly every major design of the last 40 years just sitting there ready for dissection by any member of the public.

Prob is there aren't just a dozen major makers, and most boat hull materials have no value as scrap, and most boats are too big to be easily brought to inland junk yards, and less parts "swap out", and there isn't the large population of penny pinching do it yourselfers.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.