cheap 12 volts!!!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by terabika, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I find the paranoia about safety amusing.

"It seems strange to me that men should fear, seeing that death a neccessary end will come when it will come."

The biggest risk to living is dieing.

Not wishing to be racist, so I wont mention the country, but the most posts that prattle on about their countries strict regulations when it comes to a danger that could be rated as being in the same chance as being struck by lightening, have killed about 2,000 of it's residence in a needless conflict.

Regardless of that, in the western world the most likely way of a premature death is a heart attack, which could be controlled by monitoring food manufacturing. Western Australia is rampant in false advertising when it comes to food.

I have a timber boat with a petrol engine (gas to Americanos) and I have a greater chance of fluffing it from a heart attack than my boat blowing up.

Sounds like a great generator, cheap and it works. And Terabika don't forget to put a little sticker on it that says, " Servicing only by an authorised Terabika agent."

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

needless conflict?

3. StianM

StianM Senior Member

1 tea coup off evaporated gasoline is the same as 1,5kg off dynamite.

If your boat blow up with you in it I don't care.
    If your boat blow up next to another one where father, mom and 2 kids eat todays catch on deck I will think your a ******* idiot that decerve to burn in hell.

So how important is safety?

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Actually the country you are referring to has the least strict safety regulations of those countries that regulate boat manufacturer. Even Canada has stricter regs and in Europe they regulate everything so get off our case!

In this country the strict safety standards you are complaining about are imposed by the industry on itself which is the way it should be. And that's coming from someone who spent 25 years doing the regulating.

And as StianM said, if you want to blow yourself up, go right ahead, but make sure you don't take anyone with you, or leave anyone behind that loved and depended on you!

Those people who say they have a choice about not observing commonsense safety rules are forgetting about their families, their friends, wives, husbands lovers, children and all the other people in their lives. There is no such thing as a victimless accident!

As for that, there is no such thing as an accident. These are incidents that are the result of a string of actions that if they had not occurred, then the accident would not have occurred. If even one of the wrong decisions in the string of actions were changed then the so called accident would not occur. That's what safety rules do. They are a means to eliminate one of the factors in the string of occurrences that result in the accident.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.