fittings for Seastar hydraulic steering

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by naturewaterboy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. naturewaterboy

naturewaterboy Steel Drum Tuner

I am reinstalling the Seastar hydraulic steering in my boat. I have two helm stations and twin outboards. The boat was inboards, I converted to outboards. I've removed the old hydraulic lines and plan to replace all lines and fittings with new stuff. I need some T fittings. Are these hardware store fittings, or are there special T fittings?

Also, when the lines go thru the transom, I see they sell some special fitting. I want to run my hydraulic lines together with the fuel line and electric lines and control cables in a neat, 2 or 3 inch protective flex tube. Do I need anything besides regular hydraulic line to go thru the transom into a protective tube?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.