power input to main Hollicrafters fuse switch panel

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Daniel Dragic, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Daniel Dragic

Daniel Dragic New Member

I'm new to the forum and have just spent the last 9 weeks fixing the bilge area of my 2002 Supra Launch among many, many other things. I'm in the last stages of putting the boat back together and the wiring is the last bit I need to figure out. I've done some research and I generally know how it should be wired but I'm having trouble figuring out where the power comes into the main fuse/switch panel. I've attached a picture. Could someone please show me in the picture, or describe in words, where the power comes into the Hollicrafters switch panel. I can then start to figure things out. I have a separate Blue Sea Systems fuse panel that is connected to my battery and then powers my ballast system. I'm curious as to whether the power is supposed to feed from this panel to the Hollicrafters switch panel? Any help would be much appreciated to get me going. Oh yeah, there is also another Hollicrafters green board with a couple wires near the ignition. Not quite sure what that is either?

p.s. - I've included a little before and after of the bilge to give you an idea of how much work I've put into this boat! s-l500.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg s-l400.jpg 20180625_213417_resized.jpg 20180625_213517_resized.jpg 20180501_223020_resized.jpg 20180527_180755_resized.jpg 20180621_022809_resized.jpg

2. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

Ya, not very clear on what's going on here.
    Sounds very "custom".
    Follow the positive lead from the battery to answer your question.
    OR
    Connect a test light to the negative on the battery and start probing, looking for where you've got power.

Where in BC are you?

3. Daniel Dragic

Daniel Dragic New Member

Sucks not knowing exactly what I'm doing... means I can't ask the right questions yet! I'll just start probing and I'm sure I'll figure it out. I tore out some of the rats nest that the previous owner left me and so now I'm trying to put it back together. I'll be tackling it tonight and I'll come back with a more specific question/pictures if I'm still stumped. I'm in Surrey.

4. Sparky568

Sparky568 Junior Member

Looks like a lot of custom parts spec’d by the manufacturer. I would keep it simple. Use a breaker panel by a known maker like blue seas which is expandable and has readily available parts/service. No need to go bald sractching you head on this.

5. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Well, it looks like there ought to be a bolt for battery + located at the lower right behind the switch cover that attaches to the rightmost trace - the one with the PN and phone number on it. The same trace also contains 2 blades labeled battery(protected), suggesting the lead comes from an external fuse, or that there is a master fuse tucked in there too. It should look like the two other bolts that are both Battery -. F1 - F4 are expansion circuits. Positive is below the fuse, and the corresponding return goes to the blades above. There are two more unfused blade pairs located to the right. One might be used for a bilge pump, one of which may be unfused. The other should only be used for something with it's own inline fuse or to jump power somewhere else on the board. The rest is all labeled. If you post more photos, remove the switches to show the bottom of the board.