help me choose a college for MSc in naval architecture

Discussion in 'Education' started by muthahammil, Jan 7, 2015.

1. muthahammil

muthahammil New Member

I am a recent B.Tech Marine engineering graduate from India. I am considering going for the MSc programme in naval architecture (taught 1 year).

After browsing through the websites of the colleges offering the programme, what remained in the final ists are
    1.southampton university
    2.newcastle university
    3.london university college

please help me choose a college which can give me better learning experience and career openings.

2. muthahammil

muthahammil New Member

I am confused. please do help me out people

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

I have worked with people from all three and found all of them to be good engineers. Any would seem to be excellent choices.
    There is also UNO, UCB, and UM here in the states and U. Auckland has a new program specifically in yacht design.

4. muthahammil

muthahammil New Member

thank you for the response.More than designing yatches I am interested in working on building big ships.

5. cmckesson

cmckesson Naval Architect

A bit self-serving on my part, perhaps, but if we are expanding the list I will add the University of British Columbia.

6. muthahammil

muthahammil New Member

After doing MSc in naval architecture (with an undergrad degree in marine engineering) will I be able to design ships on my own?

7. akashmenon

akashmenon Marine Engineer

Hey mate, I currently study at Newcastle University (Marine Tech & Offshore Engg) I have to say, the faculty here is great and there is quite a rich history in terms of Marine tech education here. Ping me if you have any queries. They have a one year MSc programme- worth checking it out on their website. There are quite a couple of Indian students on the same programme so you might find that rather welcoming.
    Cheers
    A M Menon

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.