48' Viking Yachts Sportfisherman

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jaygee, Aug 23, 2004.

1. jaygee

jaygee New Member

[Does anyone have any information or experience with the glassed-over lateral and longitudinal stringers and bilge bulkheads on Viking Sportfishers from approximately 1985 thru 91 0r 92. I am specifically looking for a method of repairing/replacing the dry-rotted plywood as well as possible reasons why this occurred so that when it is repaired it doesn't recur.

The Viking Yacht Company has no knowledge of this occurring and are being less than helpful in resolving the problem

I recently had my boat surveyed for insurance purposes and the surveyor found that every stringer and bulkhead has rotted out. :( :mad:

2. scottydog

scottydog New Member

3. Roger1969

Roger1969 New Member

I have a viking yacht which also has rotted bulkheads and I suspect substantially rotted stringers. How are these best fixed

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.