Change in Battery Status Readings After Changing out Battery

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Djmilink, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Djmilink

Djmilink New Member

For the first time since buying my boat I finally changed out one of the batteries (which had been on the way out when boat was purchased). Batteries only power household things: radio, running lights, cabin lights, cd-radio, water pump. No alternator. Since changing out the old battery my battery status lights are staying on even when the selector switch is turned to off. I'm getting what appear to be correct voltage readings but these readings only came up when selector switch was in the both position. So, what did I mess up when prying the old battery out/squeezing new battery into the teeny tiny space that is my electrical cabinet?
    Thanks, Dona

2. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

clearly
    A/ you did not simply change the connections from old to new at the battery.
    or
    B/ the system is working as it did before but you do not remember the detail of how it worked before you changed the battery.

3. Djmilink

Djmilink New Member

Thanks

I finally found a wire I must have disconnected wrestling the old battery out - now I just have to squeeze in and reconnect...thanks